One of my fav things to do in the morning is get up and go for a walk. As part of my 4-month test of AfterShokz Trekz Air headphones, I’m sharing how I’ve grown to really love these headphones, especially for walking outside.
I love to get outside for fresh air when I get up in the morning. It’s a little harder during the cold months but if you dress for it, you’re fine. You’ll be glad you went and luckily, spring is almost here. More often than not, I find something along the way to inspire my thoughts, feelings, or at least a selfie. ?✌?
I like to listen to music, books, and podcasts but don’t want to fully cancel out the noise around me. What if there’s a dog or a siren? Safety is really important. It sucks that we live like this but the thought of a stranger coming up behind me on the sidewalk, path, or just about anywhere freaks me out. I need to be able to hear what’s going on around me at all times. Especially since my fall in November, I’m hyper-aware to what’s going on around me and how safe, or icy the ground is. Side note, spring weather is apparently coming early!
The AfterShokz Trekz Air headphones send sound to your inner ear with little vibrations through your cheekbones. This leaves your ears free and open to hearing all the sounds around you. It’s kinda futuristic and makes me excited for the evolving world of wearable tech. I went into detail about how bone conduction works in my first of 4 posts right here.
Benefits of a Morning Walk
I know it’s hard in the winter but if you start now, come spring you’ll be happy with your new routine and likely see some health benefits. Here are a few ways a 15-30min morning walk will help you look and feel healthier:
- Helps to improve blood sugar control, reduce diabetes risk
- Heart health! Brisk walking can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Can alleviate symptoms of depression & anxiety
- Enhance brain function
- Weight loss – exercise helps to slim & tone your body
- Helps with arthritis, bone health
- Good for the immune system. Fresh air!
- Helps with weight loss and reducing overall body fat
- Boost of energy
- Can relieve stress
- Improve blood circulation – good for the glow up!
AfterShokz TrekzAir: Comfort & Fit
- Sunnies? Yep! – You’ll be happy to know you can 100% wear AfterShokz Trekz Air with sunglasses. I never leave the house without mine!
- Lightweight – They’re really quite comfortable to wear while running/walking and don’t slip or fall off. They’re so light, I’ve come home a
coupletimes and forgot I was even wearing them.
- Hat? No problem! – You can wear a beanie or baseball hat without interfering with the fit or audio.
Thank you for tuning in! Over the next month, I’m getting back into working out and yoga post-injury. I’ll be assessing AfterShokz for work workouts at home and the gym. If you’re looking to order a pair, get $50 off via this link from PTPA.
Finally, do you have any podcast recommendations? I like no bs, comedy, tech, or true crime.