Who’s ready to get dressed up and join me at the racetrack? This weekend is the 156th Queen’s Plate at Woodbine! I’ve been the last couple years and it’s really fun. Food, drinks, fashion, and the chance at winning a few bux by betting on the horses!
I love seeing all the big hats, beautiful millenary, and overall style of attendees. Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect.
At the event, you’ll be able to sip champagne on the grass while playing croquet, horseshoes or bocce ball, while keeping an eye onstyle. Your red carpet photo (from the party) will be on the Woodbine Racetrack Facebook Page here post event. As the Official Charity Partner of the 2015 Queen’s Plate, $1 from every ticket and program sold will be donated to Rethink Breast Cancer.
Things to Note for The 156th Queen’s Plate
- Races begin at 12pm
- Queen’s Plate Post Time is approximately 5:38 p.m
- Parking and Admission are FREE
- Walk the red carpet in style at the Hats & Horseshoes Party presented by Stella Artois
- Enjoy live performances by Emerson Street Rhythm Band & more
- There’s heaps of food trucks onsite, so come hungry!
A couple weeks ago I attended Woodbine Oaks, first leg of the Canadian Triple Tiara series where I learned how to bet on horses (read here). At the Queen’s Plate, the The Betting Impact team will be roaming the Hats & Horseshoes Party to teach the Basics of Betting. You can pick based on the odds or get a little wild and just pick your fave horses name or number.
- Snap a selfie at the racetrack
- Post to Twitter using the hashtag #OffToTheRaces
- Cross your fingers!
By posting your selfie at the track with the #OfftotheRaces hashtag you’ve got a chance to win a $1000 Woodbine Racetrack gift card at the end of the horse racing season. Please remember, your selfie MUST be taken in front of the racetrack!