The other day we had a BBQ inspired by Courvoisier as part of a their current Courvoisier Challenge contest. I must give credit where due because I was in charge of the cognac and Barbie did all the cooking. I’m no chef! It turned out REALLY tasty so I asked her to share the recipes. I took the peach photos.
If you are a budding chef, go get a bottle and cook something! The Courvoisier Collective Culinary call for Submissions ends Friday, August 24th. Visit courvoisiercollective.com or Facebook.com/CourvoisierCanada for details. There are cash prizes and trips to Toronto.
You can copy the recipes below if you like!
BBQ Chicken with Cognac
Blend the following together:
- 3 Inches Fresh Ginger
- One Small Papaya
- Honey to taste
- Courvoisier by free pour
- Cayenne Pepper
- Marinate the chicken: Put chicken breast strips in a container or bowl. Generously pour marinade over the chicken; let sit for several hours, the longer the better.
- BBQ the drunken chicken:Brush grill with oil and put chicken pieces on the grill. Turn frequently and bbq till fully cooked. Enjoy tender chicken with whatever side your heart my desire – I recommend a spicy fried rice to offset the sweetness in the chicken.
Cognac Cursed Peaches
- Buy a variety of peaches to make it interesting. Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- In a bowl mix together 3 parts Courvoisier to 1 part honey. Add ground cinnamon to taste.
- Place peach halves in large Ziploc bag(s). Pour cognac marinade into the bag. Let the peaches soak up this marinade for a few hours, at least one hour before cook time.
- Brush the grill with oil. BBQ peaches on the grill, 5-7 minutes on each side or until you can easily press a fork into the flesh. Leftover marinade can be drank, as it’s delicious, or poured over the fully cooked peaches. Serve peaches with a side of your favourite ice cream or pie.
This Courvoisier Peach Nectar WAS AMAZING!