At this point, I’m committed to growing my hair. It’s going to be a long road and I consider cutting it once a day BUT I WILL NOT DO IT. Right now, I’m determined to have a cute lob (long bob) in a couple of months. This super cold winter we’ve been having has been great for hair growth because I’ve been wearing a hat almost every day!
I got a trim the other day at Sassoon and asked my stylists to recommend some tips for hair growth. Thought I would share for anyone in the same situation. Do you not just wish there was some modern version of the Peanut Butter Solution?
While we still have a few weeks left of winter, check out my Winter Hair Care Tips post from last year.
Tips for Growing Your Short Hair
- Get regular trims, scissors are your friend!
- Avoid heat as much as you can. If you can, air dry!
- Don’t shampoo every time you shower
- Cold rinse at the end of your shower. I have learned to love this!
- Conditioning treatments – Pamper your hair with your hair with s
- Avoid hair ties, they can break your hair!
Years ago, my old boss gave her hair growth a boost by eating heating heaps of Jello. Apparently, gelatin helps hair and nails grow too! You can also take supplements (ex. Viviscal) but I haven’t tried anything just yet.
One of my tricks through the awkward stages is to do small braids, wear scarves, or throw on a hat. I’m almost at the half up/half down stage.
If you have any tips of magical witchcrafy ways to make hair grow, I’m all ears!