I recently wrote an article for Levis about Crafting Your Persoal Brand. It came out this week and I’m pretty proud of it. I shared some tips that will help you (or anyone) to build and showcase their talents online. I hope you will check it out.
“Casie Stewart knows a thing or two about leaving an online footprint. Recognized by Klout as one of Toronto’s top tweeters and bloggers, she has plenty of tips on how you can leverage social media channels as an invaluable element to your personal brand.”
Here are some tips on building your personal brand to help establish yourself online:
- Set a goal: Make a plan for your brand. What are you passionate about? What do you want to be known for?
- Start a blog: Use WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger or Posterous to create a free home for your online activity.
- Find a mentor: Find someone who is doing what you want to do and introduce yourself, learn from them and get inspired.
- TGIF: Twitter, Google, Internet, Facebook: Create profiles for yourself online and update them regularly with things that align with your brand.
- Get Involved: Seek out events related to your passion and get involved by volunteering. This is a great way to grow your brand, meet others and learn from experts.
I’ve been building my personal brand online for over five years. At first, no one read my blog, and I had no followers on Twitter. We all have to start somewhere but have the potential to go anywhere. In the words of Napoleon Hill, “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”