Self-care can legit mean just about anything these days. For me, there are a lot of things I like to do and sometimes it’s as simple as putting away that pile of clothes or saying no to leaving the house. I made a list of things I like to do for myself, usually on a Sunday to prep for the week. Self-care is taking a few moments to yourself to do something for yourself, which makes you feel good and alleviate stress.
Thankfully this winter hasn’t been as brutal as last year’s super cold months where everything was covered in ice. The 2019 winter blues really got me down and I am trying to best to make this winter not seem as dark, lonely, and depressing.
It may seem like I am out on the town quite a bit but I assure you, it’s usually not for long. I love staying at home. I love hair masks, face masks, exfoliating, nice lotion, naps, cooking, and doing things inside the house.
I started this list to make 10 things but kept going and now there are 50. Most of these you can do without leaving your house of opening your wallet. I added a shoppable section at the bottom in case you want to grab any of my favorites via Amazon Prime.
If you are feeling down, do one little thing each day to bring happiness into your life. You DESERVE it. Treat yourself!
50 Selfcare Ideas
- Hair mask
- Take a hot shower/ Take a cold shower – both have benefits!
- Sleep in
- Dance – Boasty is a fav RN!
- Manicure/Pedicure at home or somewhere (I usually go to Ivy in the Junction, shellac $22!)
- Do a cute hairstyle (I like @Twistmepretty on IG!)
- Get your hair done (Sassoon is my go-to)
- Put fresh sheets on your bed
- Put away your clothes pile (Not just me who has this??)
- Workout with weights (gym or home)
- Drink more water. Chug 1L!
- Brush teeth with activate charcoal
- Take some cute photos of yourself. You’re a babe!
- Burn sage (or Palo Santo!)
- Put on your humidifier
- Use a diffuser with essential oil
- Use lavender oil before bed
- Peppermint oil on the back of your neck
- Self-tan (My fav is St Tropez tan)
- Handwrite a note to someone and mail it
- Go for a walk
- Cannabis (CBD, THC, dried flower, edibles, topicals)
- Clean your shoes
- Listen to a Podcast (Heard the Papaya Podcast yet?)
- Sort through your clothes for ones that don’t bring you joy.
- Organize your junk drawer (we all have one, no?)
- Go for a run
- Call someone who makes you laugh
- Call a family member you haven’t talked to in a bit
- Paint something
- Organize your books into a rainbow
- Donate items you don’t need/want anymore
- Look under your bed
- Shoot something on film (Instax or Disposable!)
- Load up on serums for face/neck (I LOVE Caudalíe S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum, Pai Rosehip BioRegerate Oil, Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair)
- Steam an outfit (and wear it this week)
- Do yoga – your body needs to stretch! (I like Yoga with Adrienne)
- Read a book (Check Goodreads for ideas)
- Sort your accessories
- Clean your mirrors
- Make a sugar scrub or coffee scrub (ex. coconut oil & coffee)
- Cook an elaborate Pinterest meal
- Roast some raw chickpeas with spices (SO GOOD!)
- Take a nap
- Put your phone on DO NOT DISTURB and do SOMETHING, ANYTHING!
Some of My Favs
This post contains links from my Amazon beauty favs!