Last weekend at the cottage Emily helped me put together lunch for the fam. It was so fun to do this together, she’s 8 now and a great little helper! She was also quite stoked to help with the blog. 🤓
Scroll down for a few ‘hacks’ we can up with using stuff you just might find around the house, the kitchen, or the garage. It was all pretty simple and not too expensive, BUT when we put it together, it looked great! I guess that’s why they’re called HACKS.
On the Menu
We made mini sushi-style BLT wraps, a hot dog bar, and mini bacon grilled cheese using products from Butterball Canada we picked up at Loblaws.
Simple Summer Hosting Hacks for Outdoor Dining
- Make an outdoor table using an old door.
- Use wrapping paper to decorate the table. Makes for easy cleanup!
- Organize your napkins or cutlery with Washi Tape. There are HEAPS of colours/prints!
- Freeze lemons to use in cocktails. 🍋🍋🍋 No need to water down those drinks with ice!
- Use a muffin baking tray for condiments.
- Raid the dollar store for plastic plates and stack them. These same items were more $$$ at houseware stores.
- Baking cups inside little mason jars for sauces. Heaps of colours in these making mason jars even cuter.
- Put skewers in watermelon for easy snacking. I put them in the freezer so they were MAD CHILL. ☃️
If you loved this post LMK! Was fun putting it together. It was my first time trying turkey bacon which is 50% less fat than using bacon from pork. Found that it cooked a bit faster and made our meal a *little* healthier. The following day we used some leftovers to make cracked pepper maple bacon that I’ll share in another post soon!
* post sponsored by Butterball Canada but Emily and I totally did this all ourselves!