When this was delivered Sean said ‘look, it’s your biggest fan!‘ 😛 I don’t do product reviews often but when a piece of really cool tech comes along I’m happy to test it out and share my thoughts. A few people asked about the fan when it arrived early spring so scroll down for my fav features.
tl;dr: This fancy fan is the best one I’ve ever owned. It’s quiet and you can monitor your home air quality from the iPhone app. Also, at high speed, you can be just like Beyonce!
Since I was a kid I’ve been prone to seasonal allergies. They usually kick in around the worst times like March Break or Back to School.
A member of the PR team from Dyson saw my tweets about allergies and offered I try the Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower. This fan has no blades and is easy to clean, plus it removes 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. Allergies can actually be made worse by indoor dust and pollens.
I received the fan in the spring and used it in the living room for the last couple months. It’s great for cleaning the air of smells (when cooking), making the house feel fresh, and cleaning toxins out of the air. You don’t even want to know how much dirt is in the air or carpets.
I can’t 100% say it was just the fan but I hardly had any reactions this spring. I found the fan really helped with the air quality in our house. It’ll be nice to see how the app tracks and monitors our air quality.
COOL THINGS ABOUT THIS FAN:
- It has wifi! I downloaded the app and have been monitoring the air quality in my workspace. I also have smart lights up in here, helloooo future!
- Set it, forget it – The fan will monitor air quality in your home and adjust settings to clean the air.
- Multipurpose – It’ll purify your air all year and act as a fan in the summer (multi-purpose).
- Design – It’s nice looking, for all the features packed in, it hardly looks like an appliance
- Night mode – It will work through the night but is super quiet. I’m not one of those people that like the sounds of a fan at night.
- Oscillation – trust me it has real soft moves
- Removes odour – we initially had it in the living room and it’s great for clearing the air especially when cooking
If you or someone in your family is prone to allergies or you just want really clean air, this is the fan for you. It’s on the pricey side but if you’re looking for similar function on a lower budget, try the smaller Dyson Pure Cool™ Link Desk. Read up on the fan features at dysoncanada.ca website.
If you’re looking at other Dyson products we also have the Dyson V7 and I love that little thing!