Since we’re all faced with this new reality of connecting from home through technology, my friend Jen Kirsch FaceTimed me to chat about how to avoid mishaps on your video chat. The article is in the Toronto Star today, click below to read.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been more social than normal. FaceTime, Houseparty, Zoom, Google Hangouts, it can be exhausting! During the first two weeks o(f isolation), I was video chatting with several people a day!
Tips for Video Chat Success:
- If using a phone, get a tripod or stabilize the phone (simple iPhone tripod, or tripod with a ring light)
- Check your wifi settings, faceTime needs wifi, if you’re in a limited wifi area, data might be your best option
- Wear something presentable for your meeting ex. casual attire for work, a shirt when chatting on Houseparty, maybe something spicy for a date or friends hang. Pants optional and not required.
- Log in to the video chat early to check your lighting
- Brush your hair or wear a hat
- If in a big group, someone should be leading the chat ex. boss, host, or person having a birthday
- I personally like lip gloss and mascara for daytime
- If using Zoom, change your background with something fun or download one of these nice design ones to give your home a makeover (or hide the mess!)
Find more tips in the Toronto Star article! Have a great day!