Social Media Week kicks off around the world today. Here’s my picks on what you wanna check out including parties and panels. I’m speaking on two that fall on Thursday & Friday. There’s a TON of things going on so check the schedule & see what peaks your interest. Image is from Say Media’s blog, LEGGOOOO, VROOOOOOOOOM!
- 8am-6pm SMW Coffee House @ ING Direct
- 2-3:30 Keynote: Jon Sinden on Brands & Fans
- 3:30-4:30 Conversation in Social Metrics @ Entrinsic
- 10am-12pm: Content may be king, but without Context – no one will pay attention
- 4:30-5:30: Not Another Open Bar Event: Is Your Brand Seeing a Return On Influence?
- 9pm: Social Media Week Toronto Official After-Party: After Hours Conversation
Thursday: there’s LOTS of great stuff!
- 9am-1pm: Entrinsic Presents: CaseCamp (No it’s not Camp about ME!)
- 1-2:30: Social Media Friends, Anxiety & You:
- 5:30-6:30: Community Management beyond Twitter & FB
- 5:30-7pm: Getting Serious About Travel Blogging
- 5:30-9pm: SXSW Pre-Party @ Spice Route
Information about my panels:
Thursday, 1-2:30: Social Media Friends, Anxiety & You: Hosted by Maria Lianos-Carbone, publisher & editor of amotherworld.com, this panel will be talking about the anxiety that can come along with being so open in social media and sharing more of your life than ever. I’m looking forward to this cause I deal with anxiety ALL THE TIME. Other panelists include Stéphanie Montreuil Principal, The Lotus Pad Consulting, and Chris Eh Young. Location is The Office Pub, 117 John Street, 2nd Floor at Adelaide. There will be networking after so come say HI.
Enjoy the sunshine today. Gdo something that inspires you!