Ok here’s a MASSIVE TBT on the month of March from 2009 – 2013. I love looking back on things I’ve done. It’s so easy to forget! The main reason I started this blog in 2005 was so I could remember more. It totally worked!
On this day last year Sean sent me flowers to the office .What a darling. Love you!
I also blogged about Andy Warhol on this day last year. Sean and I were getting ready to go on a trip to Boston too. See posts tagged March 2013 here.
Two years ago on this day I was at The Gladstone for an event. Loved those boots so much. And RIP that leather jacket.
Took part in a round table w/ Russ Martin from Marketing Magazine about Rdio & music streaming in Canada.
It was MUCH nicer outside and I visited the Toronto Music Garden. Took this using 360 Panoramic app in iPhone from hTO Park (Urban Beach) which is right beside the lake.
Around this time two years ago I filmed ‘It’s All About Me’ documentary that last year won several film festival awards. I’m in another documentary that will be on the festival circuit soon. Pretty neat if you ask me!
In March 2011 I was a Personal Branding expert with Levi’s. I love looking back on this stuff, I forget how many things I’ve done!
Here are some tips on building your personal brand to help establish yourself online:
- Set a goal: Make a plan for your brand. What are you passionate about? What do you want to be known for?
- Start a blog: Use WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger or Posterous to create a free home for your online activity.
- Find a mentor: Find someone who is doing what you want to do and introduce yourself, learn from them and get inspired.
- TGIF: Twitter, Google, Internet, Facebook: Create profiles for yourself online and update them regularly with things that align with your brand.
- Get Involved: Seek out events related to your passion and get involved by volunteering. This is a great way to grow your brand, meet others and learn from experts. – See more here.
In March 2010 I was working at MuchMusic. Our office was in the Much Store before we moved into 299 Queen Street next door.
At this time I helped MTV Canada name & launch FORA, a magazine at first and now a full on beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. I was the Features Editor in charge of managing contributors. That was fun, I always wanted to work on a magazine.
I hardly had any tattoos back then and just got this anchor with two stars and a heart. I was so happy with it! That little arm is covered in tattoos now.
I was posting desk photos back then too.
In 2009, my sister Jenie was a dancer for the Raptors on the Raptors Dance Pak.
I ran into this performance artist on the street. It was pretty nice out that day and he made up a song on the spot for me. Do you like it? 😛
I was doing heaps of drawing back then too. Anyone remember this?
Ok, that’s all for now! Hope you have a wonderful day. Take a second to look back and remember some of the awesome thing you’ve done too.