I can’t remember how long it’s been since I went to the dentist (shame, I know). It’s something I’ve been thinking about but I’ve kinda just put of each time it comes up. A friend messaged me on Facebook a couple weeks ago about a dental practice run by brother, thinking we’d get along well. Michael invited me to pop into NOWSmile and write about my experience if I enjoyed it.
Well, it was great! I’ve never had a cooler dentist. NOWSmile is more like a dental spa than your traditional dental office.
I was kinda nervous that he was going to tell me my teeth were rotten, had cavities, and I had gum disease or something. You always think the worst! Turns out, my teeth are a-ok. I should floss more, which I’ve been doing since my appointment. I had a stain in the middle of my front teeth that had been bugging me for a while and now, with one cleaning it’s gone!
Look at those pearly whites!
Clayton DeCorte opened NOWSmile Dental about a year ago at Bloor & Bathurst. The office feels a bit like like you’re at someone’s house when you walk in, or like you’re in for a beauty treatment. Was happy to see a stack of fashion & design books, nice furniture, and a couple TVs playing daytime shows. Traditionally, every time I went to the dentist is was like ‘oh god, here we go’, it was never this stress free.
Clayton is a Registered Dental Hygienist with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO) and a member of the Canadian Dental Hygienist’s Association (CDHA). We talked about tattoos and had a bunch of laughs and he cleaned my teeth while I watched The View. Haha.
They’re making a keen effort had to be eco-conscious and socially responsible, read this after my appointment and felt even better about my experience. I’d like to see a digital x-ray. The future is here!
- – LED lighting where applicable
- – biodegradable dental packaging of our sterilization solutions
- – paper-light/paperless office
- Micrylium products for disinfection control which provide a safer and kinder alternative to harsh chemicals
- – NOWsmile utilizes digital x-rays for less radiation
- – composite resin fillings that are mercury free no latex products in the office
- – None of the chairs in our seating lounge area or in our dental operatories contain leather
- – animal friendly cleaning products
I smile heaps but since visiting I’ve been so pleased. I lived with an ugly little on my tooth for way too long. 🙅
Thank you Clayton for having me in! 💕