In the last 24hours, Sean and I drove for nearly 12 hours. We were in Stoney Creek near Peterborough for the weekend, left there Monday morning to get to a meeting in Arnprior for 2, then across through Algonquin Park, up to Parry Sound, then back to Muskoka, and home to Toronto today.
It was nice driving together and seeing the sights, but after all that time in the car, I couldn’t wait to get home, ride my bike, do laundry, and make something healthy. We’d been eating mostly roadside snacks (chipwagon, pizza, etc) so I was really craving vegetables. Hopped on my bike when I got home and zipped over the new West Queen West Metro. Didn’t realise how hot it was out so I was pretty sweaty lol but it was so nice to be back on the road. ☀️🚴🏼♀️
If you’ve seen my tweets you’ll know I got a spiralizer. I didn’t know I wanted one but now I am obsessed! I’ve been making zucchini noodles with avocado cream dressing topped with grilled chicken. It’s so light and delicious.
I made it today when I got home scroll done for deets, it’s so easy!
What You Need to Make Perfect Summer Zucchini Avocado Pasta
- Zucchini (for noodles)
- Chicken breast (optional)
- For Sauce
- Avocado 🥑
- Cherry tomatoes 🍅
- Olive oil
- Basil 🌿
- Cook chicken breast in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes/until cooked, or pop on a BBQ and grill to perfection.
- While the chicken is cooking, spiral those noodles. If you don’t have zucchini or a spiralizer, use regular noodles. The sauce is really the best part!
- Mix garlic, onion, avocado,🥑 tomatoes, fresh basil, and olive oil in a Magic Bullet, Food Processor, or some other mixer thing. Set side for a minute. It’s time to make the noodles.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in frying pan until it’s very hot. Toss zucchini noodles in the pan for a 2-3 minutes moving them around the whole time. They will cook super fast and you don’t want to overcook or they will get soft/mushy. Think al dente!
- Throw in the sauce and chicken and mix it around for a minute until warm.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
I recommend eating outside and enjoying the weather. I was so hot after my ride and I decided to stay in and watch Young & the Restless! 😝✌🏼 Yes, after 35 years, I’m still watching!
All ingredients from my local West Queen West Metro!
Check out some other features of the store here on the blog.